Friday, August 1, 2014

Student Life Camp Lessons

"Only be careful, and watch yourselves closely so that you do not forget the things your eyes have seen or let them fade from your heart as long as you live. Teach them to your children and to their children after them." Deuteronomy 4:9

My youth group just spent 5 days at the Ridgecrest Conference Center letting God fill us and climbing over hills and mountains (literal and figuratively).
This week has been fanominal. I really think that God has just been showing off so far this summer........
The pastor didn't go by any kind of program; he was on fire with God and did whatever He felt God told Him to do. My small group was sweet and a breathe of fresh air and the band was awesome too.
It was an awesome week of revival and answered prayers. I had prayed that God would move in our youth that went and cause revival and man, did He answer!
God moves in little ways, but sometimes He just overwhelms you with His love.
He brought me to my knees one night and let me cry all the tears that I was unable to cry this year. In that, He brought healing.
He brought some southern gentlemen into my small group that were deeply in love with Jesus. It showed me that not all guys are jerks. Some really do care about others and the Lord. God really seems to be pressing this point with me A LOT lately......
He showed me that He will open doors if you ask. It showed me that God can answer prayers in ways that you cannot imagine.
He showed me that everyone has a story....... And beauty can come from ashes
He showed me how freeing it can be to raise my hands and dance and praise the Lord.
He showed me that God allows us to cry and laugh in His proper time, sometimes in the same moment.
These are just a few things He showed me this week and I cannot wait to see what God has in store as I lead Mission's Week and prepare for my Mission Trip to Guatemala.
Man....I serve an awesome God and He is just humbling me and blowing me away with what He's doing!
I am sure I will talk more about what God did a lot in the days to come.




No comments:

Post a Comment