Sunday, August 17, 2014

Lessons in Love Part 1

Ever had one of those "Ah-ha" moments where you knew something was part of something bigger and then you suddenly just realized what it was one day? I had one of those moments on the plane coming back from Guatemala.
Remember: This is my heart and I am very real about what God is doing in my life; so if you don't like that sort of thing, I would stop reading now.
This summer, God has been teaching me a lot about love. In middle school, I made a commitment to stay pure until my wedding night.
Then earlier this year, I made a commitment to not kiss until I was engaged because a kiss for me is a piece of my heart that is treasured and should never be given flippantly.
Anywho, I started the summer somewhat discouraged because so many of the teenagers around me are dating and I just felt as though my standards might be to high and that I may have to lower them in order to find a guy who would date me. I wanted a man, not a boy. A mature man who is kind and selfless and sold out for Jesus. I want him to see me because He is so focused on God and God directs him my way.
This summer God brought several incredible younger guys (my general age) into my life that are sold out for God. All of them were awesome...and not single...
God also showed me on multiple occasions what selfless love really looks like.
He showed me that you cannot identify true love until you know the Maker of love. You also cannot properly and fully love others until you learn to love yourself.
On a multiple occasions, He overwhelmed me and wrecked me with His love. He brought me to a place where I couldn't do anything but bask in His love and fall to my knees because I was so overwhelmed.
I knew that God was showing me something big, but it didn't come full circle until I was on the plane. When it did, I felt like a light just came on and it made my whole summer make sense!
I realized that God was pretty much "reteaching" me what real love is.
It isn't something to be taken lightly or to be used carelessly. It is sacred and beautiful...
To be continued...

No comments:

Post a Comment