Friday, July 25, 2014

Winshape and Seeing God Work

So, this week was totally awesome and unexpected! I went to WinShape Camps at my local church on Wednesday to volunteer and help wherever I was needed. I was blown away by the whole thing! The whole set up reminded me of FUGE camps, with the exception of being for younger kids versus teens.

The whole day was filled with team building games, inspirational truths about God, and lots of music.

One of the things that stood out to me the most was the attitude of the staff running the camp. The staff were all so upbeat and kind. Beyond that though, each of them glowed with God's love. Each of them were constantly taking time to be encouraging everyone and they really had servant's heart.

On Wednesday night, I asked if I could be a fly on the wall during their personal Bible study. They said "Absolutely!" I had the chance to observe then and then God did something totally unexpected. He laid a verse on my heart and told me to speak life to the staff. I told God I would only do it if He gave me an opening. Well, He provided the opening and I spoke and God touched some lives. It rocked!

I went home Wednesday knowing that I just had to go back. I was able to go back both Thursday and Friday. The staff were so amazing. I have never met a group more in love with Jesus. They glowed with His love because they truly have the Lord as the Captain of their lives! Throughout the week, I was constantly humbled and in awe of how they encouraged each other and strived to include me.

Five staffers in particular stood out to me.....Code, Krystal, Darius, Luke, and Hannah. They are the very definition of love in action and they constantly demonstrated what being a man/woman after God's own heart looks like! Each of the staffers had a glow about them that was awesome, but these had something super special and I loved it.

I don't think any of them fully grasped just how much their kindness meant to me. They included me and just loved on me. That is something that rarely happens. It's not that I don't have friends, it's just that people don't go out of their way very much to include me. They were Jesus' hands and feet.

Thursday I had the chance to eat dinner with them and then today I had the chance to pray for them. I already miss them so much. I am so excited to see how God will continue to use them, but at the same time, I have to go back to reality and cling to Christ.

I am back to being an outcast, I am back to having the devil on my case, I am back to looking to Christ for my true joy. Not that I stopped doing any of that, but for two and a half days, I got to forget that for awhile because God was blessing me through these staffers.

They treated me like I was special and they put in the effort to show that they value me and that God values me.

As I struggle with going back to real life, I also have to take my own words and put feet to them. God is with me and I will never walk alone. Even if God chooses to always let me be an outcast, I will choose to praise Him. I also can look forward in anticipation. God is gonna do some awesome things in the next few weeks. Now is a time for me to ready my heart and prepare to see God work. He will bring the rain and it will be awesome!


No comments:

Post a Comment