Saturday, November 1, 2014

I Will Boast......The Rocks Will Cry Out!

People will sometimes approach me and tell me that I am really far too serious about Jesus. They will tell me that being a bit more discreet in my sharing with others of what God has done for me will draw more people to me. They tell me that I am shoving my opinions down people's throats and not loving them before I try to "change their lives."

Guys and gals, let me get up on my pedestal for a minute.....When Jesus came, He came quietly. He did not barge in with trumpets or angels singing His praises; however, He did not stay quiet for long. Everywhere Jesus went, He ruffled feathers. He made people mad. He made people want to literally kill Him! Why? Because He spoke up against the norm and socially accepted. While everyone else was out doing what might have been accepted and seen as the new norm, even if it was wrong, He was out speaking truth. Yet, people still came to Him. He radiated Christ's love to some and appalled others; it just depended on what you were looking for!

When Jesus died for me and chose to take my sins on Himself, I would say He was pretty serious about me. When Jesus said, "I am the Way, the Truth, and the Life and NO ONE can come to Father except by me," I would say He was pretty serious.

See, in today's culture, if people don't like what we are saying (this goes for anyone), they like to say we are "shoving our opinions down their throats." I'm sorry if what I believe isn't what you want to hear, but I am not going to stop talking about it. If something changed your life so much that you desired to walk in a new way, would you not want to share about it to anyone who would listen?

There are enough people out their who live a "timid faith." They don't not believe in God and they are pretty upright people, but they don't try to insert Him into their everyday lives either. They don't give Him credit. They are chameleon Christians. I don't want to be one of those.

This isn't me judging, it's me speaking truth. Of course, I shouldn't go around saying, "You are going to Hell!" However, I should speak truth in love. Love is not timid. Love is not subtle. It is obvious and bold; it is real!

As a Christian, I am called to love as Christ did, yet to not speak truth is to not love someone enough to do so.

Yes, there is more than one way to skin a cat (sorry cat), but this is my way and what I believe God has called me to. I love people. Anyone who doubts that really needs to hang around me a bit more. However, I am not subtle.....at all. I am bold, I am blunt, and I don't disguise the truth.

I can't change anyone, only Jesus can do that, but I can be an instrument in God's hand and speak truth. No one has to listen, but it won't stop me. Like Jesus said in Luke 19, "If they keep quiet, the rocks will cry out." Might as well save the rocks the trouble and just do it myself! Lol.

If it bugs people....well, I can just remember that if I am not bugging someone, then I obviously am doing something wrong. No good thing ever gets done without some criticism.......just look at Jesus! He was lied about, spit on, laughed at, mocked, and nailed to a cross and that still didn't shut Him up.

That's the kind of God I serve and the kind of gal I want to be! "I will boast only in the LORD; let the afflicted hear and rejoice!" Psalm 34:2 "Therefore, as it is written: "Let the one who boasts boast in the Lord." 1 Corinthians 1:31

"I Will Boast" by Phillips, Craig, and Dean

No comments:

Post a Comment