Friday, November 14, 2014

God Provides in Small Ways

It's been a CrAzY week! Yes, I know, that pretty much describes every week! Lol. However, the past two days have had a little sweetness to add to the craziness: I have felt overwhelmed in love. Here's how it's been going down:
  • Yesterday I went to meet some friends that came in out of town for lunch. I had a wonderful 2.5 hours of just listening, talking, and seeing how God works. These are not your run of the mill people. These are people who understand me just as I am. I need not hide anything from them. They understand how exciting the little stuff is and are much more on fire for God then I am. They have taught me so much of what I know to be true about God and myself. To listen and talk to them was just so encouraging to be soul!
  • I mentioned that I had lunch while I was out. Well, the owner of the place considers me family and he paid for my lunch! It was a simple blessing.
  • Then, I come home and I get on Facebook to see a message from someone I send letters to thanking me for my letter. This might seem so little in the grand scheme of things, however, people rarely thank me for my letters. When they do, it really means the world to me.
  • I also have two events going on this weekend and with my dad being down with strep throats, all our running around has to be done by my mom because I cannot drive yet. So, I set out to see if I could find a ride, at least coming home every night. That was very humbling because I HATE asking for help and after being turned down, I was discouraged. In the end though, God worked it out and I now have a ride home both nights! Isn't God amazing?!
  • The trend continued this morning when I received another Facebook message from a woman who is dear to my heart saying that she has been thinking about me and misses me. Simple, but greatly appreciated!
Now, for anyone who hasn't picked up on this yet: I appreciate the simple things in life. To see all this really made my past two days really special. I value people taking the time to show they love and appreciate me, even in the simplest ways. In my mind, I can see how God is loving on me through simple acts by others and it is priceless to me. I am overwhelmed in gratitude!

Is it not awesome how God takes care of even our most basic needs; how He uses the simple things to uplift our spirits? My prayer for each of my readers would be that we not get so busy looking for God to do big things, that we miss the little things. We serve a great God who sees our every need and will provide for them....in big and, often, small ways!

"And this same God who takes care of me will supply all your needs from his glorious riches, which have been given to us in Christ Jesus." Philippians 4:19

No comments:

Post a Comment