Sunday, November 2, 2014

God Is Able

This week has been rocky. Every once and awhile I have a week where nothing seems to work. My brain goes into overload with everything going on and has to play catch up. Let's just say it is still playing catch up.....Lol.

I am part of a band that helps lead my youth group in worship every Sunday night. We recently lost our youth minister/band leader, so we have had the interesting experience of learning to bond and lead worship together. Tonight we sang "Our God is Able."

However, as we were singing, I started thinking what we are singing about. We are saying that "Our God can do more than we can hope for or imagine. He will never fail us! Our God is able!" In that moment, the whole week faded away. It was me and God.

I've had two women I would like to think I encouraged, join the Lord in Heaven this week. I have had misunderstanding after misunderstanding with people that I really just want to be friends with despite my best efforts. I have had school stress, family stress, and everything that falls in between. I have striven to encourage and come away feeling generally like an idiot this week. HOWEVER....in that moment, all that faded away.

God has not promised me any easy life. He has not promised that I will not be a 17 year old feeling 37 (I swear that I have more than a few grey hairs already!). He has not promised that I would always feel like I am making a difference. He has not promised that my body will not fall apart (17 with 60 year old knees....lovely....lol). He has not promised that I won't get stressed.

He HAS promised that He is able to do far more than I can ask for or imagine through His work within us (Ephesians 3:20).

So while my life may not make sense to me and while I may have bad days and bad weeks; while I may feel like a pest and like I come across totally not encouraging; while I am stressed and disorganized; God can use me.

He can take my mess and turn it into a message because He IS ABLE! That gives me hope that all my tomorrows are in His hands. It gives me peace that I don't have to be in control. It gives me strength to carry on.

It's funny how so often we say we place our life in God's hands, yet we are so quick to try and take control. In doing so, we don't really show trust in the One who really holds our lives. Tonight, I choose to put my life in His hands once again. I trust that He is able!

"God is Able" by Hillsong

2 comments:

  1. The last paragraph is the best. The most powerful in my opinion.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. First comment in the 30 blog posts I have done!!!! I am moving up in the world!!! Lol. Thanks Tyrel!

      Delete