Friday, September 26, 2014

Talents of Many Kinds

I was thinking today about my talents. I am a writer, a mediocre one, but a writer nonetheless. I love writing letters to encourage people; I have this blog so I can share deep inspiring thoughts (lol). I take joy in sharing words of encouragement and inspiration and I am awed at the power words have.

However, there are times when I do not appreciate my own talents. Sometimes when you do not see the good fruits your talents produce, you can become discouraged.

It is easy for me to see other people's fruits as a result of their talents and sometimes I am tempted to (and do) envy them.

I have one friend who produces and acts in short inspiring films. He is just out of highschool and has been doing this awhile with some friends. He is brilliant, to say the least, and it is easy for me to see how far he'll go.

Another one of my friends is an stage manager. When I look at her I know that she will go far. She doesn't seem like much....in fact, she is an introvert! However, put her behind the scenes of any drama or play with teens involved and things will run without a hitch! She has loads of people organizational skills.

Yes, it is easy to see the fruits of their talents. However, there are two things I have to remind myself of:

1. I am positive there are moments when they do not see the fruits of their own talents. Moments where things go wrong or a scene just won't come together right. Moments when they have been up most of the night and might not see much progress. Not every moment in our lives are the fruits of our talent obvious, especially to ourselves.

2. They are only using the talents God gives them. I am sadly an awful actor, I am not athletic, I am not above average in most things in school (besides English). However, God does not make mistakes and God never made an elephant to fly (unless your Dumbo, lol).

God has given me talents.....He has given us all talents...some may seem small and insignificant, but God will use all of them for His glory. We cannot do something well that we were not created to do.

If we all only had the talent of acting, there would be no singers. If we all were writers, there would be no performers. God made each of us for a purpose and He gives us talents to fulfill that purpose. We must choose to use the talents given us!

"Just as each of us are part of one body with many parts, so in Christ we are all one body. We each have a different role to play. We all help each other out." Romans 12:4-5
 


No comments:

Post a Comment