Thursday, October 9, 2014

The Promise: I Am With You

Have you ever been standing in a crowd and just had this feeling that no one would miss you if you just disappeared? Have you ever just felt utterly alone and you couldn't put your finger on why? If you have, then you are in good company. I am not certain of many things, but I am certain that all of us have felt alone at one time or another.

I began to really think about this earlier today.......

I wonder how many times Jesus felt alone. Of course, He was fully God, but He was also fully man. I mean, the God of the universe is trying to convey deep spiritual truths and the people just aren't getting it! Yes, I am sure there were many times where Jesus felt alone.

There are times in our lives where we are going to stand up for things that we believe to be right and we are going to look around and feel like we are standing utterly and completely alone. There are going to be some days where it just feels like no one is on the same page as we are. There are going to be some nights where all we want is a friend, but we honestly can't think of anyone to call that truly gets it.

Guys and gals, that is a totally normal thing to feel! However, let me comfort you with this: In the moments where you feel utterly and completely alone, I guarantee that God is not too far off whispering, "I am with you." This is a promise that He has given us.

It is so easy to look at our current situations and to think that we are alone. A few weeks ago, I spoke on the power of letting others know that they are not alone. That you care and can empathize......but I am trying to say something more here.

There are going to be moments in your life where you will have silent battles. There are going to be moments in your life where no human being can understand the depths of the pain you are feeling. There are going to be moments in your life where it feels like the pain will kill you but you cannot speak of it; it is too much to speak of. Sometimes, there are no words for the battles we fight. Sometimes we do have to stand up for things where we really are standing alone.

We live in community for a reason. We are meant to bear each others burdens, however, in the moments where we do stand alone or where we cannot speak of our silent pain, we are not alone.

We do not serve a heartless God. Nor do we serve a God who is only with us in the good times. We serve a God who walks with us through the "valley of the shadow of death." We serve a God who sees and holds each tear we cry. We serve a God that knows every tormenting thought. We serve a God who cares about every heartache and burden.

Beloved, know that God is with you. You are not alone! That is a promise that God has made to us. Choose to let God hold you, for He truly cares for you.

"Don't be afraid, for I am with you. Don't be discouraged, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you. I will hold you up with my victorious right hand." Isaiah 41:10


No comments:

Post a Comment