Monday, December 8, 2014

Our Tears are Beautiful to Him

I was talking with some friends today and we were talking about how often we hear that "Guys that cry are weak."

Okay, I am gonna just stop right here and call stupid stupid. That is a bunch of bull.....Guys are human too.

Tears are a sign of feeling. They are a sign of pain. They can be a sign of pure joy. They are a release when words cannot explain what you are feeling.

Personally, I am a cry baby. I cry when I am sad. I cry when I am mad. I cry when I am happy. I tear up when I see a romantic moment. I cry at sad movies. I am a cry baby. Yeah, yeah....typical female.

Well, you know what, it's okay! One of my favorite quotes says that, "Tears are silent prayers in liquid form." Now, I am not saying my happy tears are prayers, but many times my sad and angry tears are. Keeping it all pent up makes me a ticking time bomb.

Of course, there are other ways to release pain and anger, but there is no shame in crying. For all the guys (and gals) out there told that real men don't cry and only the weak weep, I am sorry.

The shortest and one of the simplest verses in the Bible is John 11:35, "Jesus wept."

You know, if the Creator and God of the Universe can cry, is there any shame in you or I crying? Sure, we shouldn't cry forever. Eventually, we do have to decide what to do about what made us cry, but crying is a silent prayer; a release.

Sometimes the healing comes in the pain. Sometimes the rainbow comes after the rain. Sometimes the lesson comes after the test. Sometimes the tears heal the broken heart. They are not a sign of weakness. Tears may just be a blessing in disguise and just what you need!

Our tears are held in the palm of the Maker of Heaven and Earth. Our tears are created by Him and beautiful to Him.

"You keep track of all my sorrows. You have collected all my tears in your bottle. You have recorded each one in your book." Psalm 56:8

"You Hold My Tears In A Bottle"

No comments:

Post a Comment