Friday, May 1, 2015

Worshiping In The Waiting

I have spent a lot of my life waiting.

Waiting on the time to be right. Waiting on God to work. Waiting on God to do as He sees best. Waiting to see how He will lead me to spend the rest of my life. Waiting on the time to date. Waiting on the time to speak. Waiting on the time to act. Waiting....

Lately, God has been reemphasizing a truth to me: Worship in the waiting.

There is a quote that says, "Patience is not based on how LONG you wait, but your ATTITUDE while you wait."

Sometimes we can wait months and years for something we wanted an answer to now. Sometimes we can wait a lifetime and never quite know if we have the answer to something. Even still, we should worship.

How we wait can be worship. How we minister to others in the waiting can be worship. How we share what God is teaching us can be worship. How we pray in the waiting can be worship. There are many ways to worship in the waiting.

Another one of my favorite quotes says, "Faith does not eliminate questions, but faith does know Who to take them to."

"Yet God has made everything beautiful for its own time. He has planted eternity in the human heart, but even so, people cannot see the whole scope of God's work from beginning to end." Ecclesiastes 3:10

God has a plan and I trust Him to reveal it in His time, if it be His will. In the meantime, I will not knock on a door that has been closed or that has yet to be opened. It is a waste of my time.

My time on this earth is short, but I can choose to spend it wisely. I can choose to minister to others. I can choose to let God use me. I can choose to worship in the waiting and take advantage of what God has given me now. I can choose to have faith. 
 
"For everything there is a season, a time for every activity under heaven." Ecclesiastes 3:1

"While I'm Waiting" by John Waller
 

No comments:

Post a Comment